Akashic Tome Mod 1.12.1/1.11.2 is a mod based on Morph-o-Tool. The only item it adds is the Akashic Tome, crafted with a Book and a Bookshelf. The basic concept (and code) is the same, but they are functionally different.
The Akashic Tome can be combined with mods’ documentation books, and can store as many as you can fit in there.
- To add a book to it, simply combine them in the crafting table. You can have as many as you want, including duplicates.
- You get the actual item from the mod, not an emulation of the item or a container. This ensures 100% compatibility with that item’s functionality.
- The item gets some NBT data tacked on to it to change its name and ensure the game knows to change it back properly.
- Since you get the actual item, you can use it for crafting but you probably shouldn’t, as you’ll lose all other attached items.
- To morph the tome into another mod’s documentation book that is added to it, simply right click and pick the one you want.
- Shift-right clicking a block from a mod that has a book added to the tome will morph the tome into that book. If you have multiple from the same mod, it’ll take the first added.
- To unmorph back into the tome, left click the air.
- While in the standard “Akashic Tome” item, you can right click a block that does not have a documentation book to be taken to its wiki (this uses the Botania Wiki API, and will default to the FTB wiki)
- To remove items attached to it, drop the item using Q while shifting and it’s morphed into the item you want to remove.
Pick your item
Morph into this
The config file for the mod includes the following:
- An option to allow every single item to be attached. Disabled by default.
- A blacklist for mods that should not have items attached.
- A whitelist for names where items that contain them should be able to be attached (like book, tome, lexicon…)
- A whitelist for specific items that don’t contain the previous names that should also able to be attached.
- An alias list. Allows you to redirect one mod to another. For example, RFTools adds the Smart Wrench, and the alias list contains “rftoolsdim=rftools”, so when you look at an RFTools Dimensions block (different mod) while you have a Smart Wrench, it’ll grab that instead. Other aliases include Thermal Dynamics to Thermal Expansion, for example.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and AutoRegLib.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Akashic Tome Mod 1.12.1/1.11.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2
For Minecraft 1.12.1/1.12