Ark: Survival Evolved finally launched on the PS4 in December after being available for quite some time on both the PC and Xbox One. Despite the fact that the game launched on Sony’s platform much later, it was still pretty popular, as it has just passed the 1 million copies mark on that platform.
However that is not all as new content is incoming for those who are playing it. A massive new Tek Tier is getting set to launch for both the PS4 and Xbox One versions that will bring a ton of new weapons and gear.
The new gear is going to be launched in phases. Coming in the Tek Tier are the following pieces:
- EK Helmet – Contains a built-in oxygen tank and three different type of vision: Sonar, which identifies tribes, allies, enemies and creatures, Night (see in the dark) and a combined Sonar/Night mode.
- TEK Boots – These boots let players scale vertical surfaces with ease, along with negating any falling damage.
- TEK Pants – Enable a super run that lets players speed through solid objects. Combined with the TEK Shirt, the pants allow for faster flight and a cool superheroic stance.
- TEK Shirt – Jet Pack! Ever wanted to be Iron Man? Don this item then rocket upwards into space or hover above your enemies to better view the devastation you have wrought!
- TEK Gauntlets – Powerful super punch – dash-smash your foes across the map with this powered up fisticuffs feature.
- TEK Rifle – Powered by Element, the rifle features a scope that can sync up with the TEK Helmet’s vision modes for double the death-dealing.
- TEK Rex Saddle – Mount lasers on your T-Rex. Yes…lasers…on…a…T-Rex
- TEK Replicator – Needed for crafting items from the TEK tier.
- TEK Transmitter – This portable terminal functions similarly to an Obelisk, allowing players to transfer characters, creatures and items across the ARK.